Ways of Quitting:
With so many ways of quitting smoking, one big step that is concomitant with both the Better Health Zen Route of Life and Great Success Lifebook is the element of focus. Rather than jumping from program to program, or substance to chemical to naturopathic approach, pick one. - - Giving it your all, you will rapidly know if that unique approach is the one best-suited to you, your temperament, physiology, etc. If and when you get to where you decide it is not for you, fine. Pick another, and invest all of your focus into that until such time as you decide that it is working for you, or not. Personal choice, and high focus; Sounds like the best of the Great Success Lifebook and Better Health Zen Route of Life.
- Switch to a brand you find distasteful.
- Change to some "way-off" brand, one you have always been unlikely to even try. Give a whirl with a brand, for example, that is low in tar and nicotine a couple of weeks
before your target date. This will help change your smoking behavior. However,
do not smoke more cigarettes, inhale them more often or more deeply,
or place your fingertips over the holes in the filters. All of these will
increase your nicotine intake, and the idea is to get your body use to functioning
Cut Down the Number of Cigarettes You Smoke
- Smoke only half of each cigarette.
- Each morning, give effort to put off lighting that first cigarette. Those who smoke in the first hour are so much more likely to get cancer, so, postponing the pleasure not only reduces cancer risk, but there is another benefit. - - Both the Better Health Zen Route of Life and Great Success Lifebook include the pleasure of delayed gratification, since delaying such a presumably "gratifying" moment makes it taste and otherwise seem better.
- Decide you'll only smoke during odd or even hours of the day.
- Decide beforehand how many cigarettes you'll smoke during the day. For each additional cigarette, give a dollar to your favorite charity.
- Change your eating habits to help you cut down. For example, drink
milk, which many people consider incompatible with smoking. End meals or
snacks with something that won't lead to a cigarette.
- Reach for a glass of juice instead of a cigarette for a "pick-me-up."
- Remember: Cutting down can help you quit, but it's not a substitute
for quitting. If you're down to about 7 cigarettes a day, it's time to set your target quit date and get ready to stick to it.
Don't Smoke "Automatically"
- Smoke only those cigarettes you really want. Catch yourself
before you light up a cigarette out of pure habit.
- Keep the ashtrays full and dirty as long as you can. Better Health Zen Route of Life loves this one. This will remind you of how many cigarettes
you've smoked each day, and the sight and the smell of stale cigarettes
butts will be very unpleasant.
- Make yourself aware of each cigarette by using the opposite hand or
putting cigarettes in an unfamiliar location or a different pocket to break
the automatic reach.
- If you light up many times during the day without thinking about
it, try to look in a mirror each time you put a match to your cigaretteyou
may decide you don't need it.
Make Smoking Inconvenient - Use Better Health Zen Route of Life and Great Success Lifebook Tricks For This
- Surely you realize that smokers who buy entire cartons at a time find it easier and more convenient to light up that much more. Teaching ourselves to quit smoking forever surely including making this one tiny alteration for big, notable results. Hold off on buying your cigarettes by the carton. Remember that you were born to live the best features of the Better Health Zen Route of Life, and that you are committed to being smoke-free. At least wait until one pack is empty before you buy another.
- Stop carrying cigarettes with you at home or at work. Make them difficult to get to.
Make Smoking Unpleasant - Take The Better Health Zen Route of Life View Of Quitting Smoking Forever
- Smoke only under circumstances that aren't especially pleasurable for you. If you like to smoke with others, smoke alone. Turn your chair to an empty corner and focus only on the cigarette you are smoking and all
its many negative effects.
- Collect all your cigarette butts in one large glass container as a visual reminder of the filth made by smoking.